Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Infinity Scarves

       Thinking back to childhood, I remember tons of school programs highlighting the importance of recycling. Maybe it is this background on the matter that has lead me to be fascinated with the "Three R's" described in a school house rock melody. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. This song brilliantly prioritizes important concepts that really could help the environment. Because of my attraction to the triple Rs, I am very interested in eco-chic crafting. One of my current objects of re-transformation is the cotton T. There are SO MANY in existence! 
        So far, I have come up with  creating these infinity scarves out of previously loved t-shirts. (What a great way to combine up-cycling and stamping if I say so myself.) 

 Another cool thing about these scarves is how versatile they can be. When pulled around the shoulders, they can be used as a shawl, or they can be wrapped around twice to be a cute unique collar.



*****I would love other styling suggestions, just let me know! If you are really digging these, they will be in my Etsy shop. :-)

1 comment:

  1. you are so lovely and talented! miss you. love the scarfs!

    ReplyDelete