Saturday, July 21, 2012

Reflection Redux


       Change is as natural as air, and very much just as necessary. If asked, anybody who has ever lived with me can tell you that any space I consider home is readily changing. Furniture gets rearranged on a whim, surfaces get a fresh coat of paint, fabrics get covered and recovered, and new things appear on the walls with regularity. In a way, rearranging is how I keep inspiration flowing.
                                              ********************************

         In the picture below is a large mirror that I found during one of many "thrifting adventures" {as I like to call them}. I saw it and had to have it. When I got it into my apartment, I had no idea what to do with it. It was large, heavy and not exactly the right colors. Instead of getting rid of it, I kept it and shuffled it around the living room along with all the other furnishings. After some time it found a good home on the dining table.


    Being the artist that I am, I could not keep paint away from the mirror. Instead of the bright reds, and oranges, and dark blues, I decided to go with a more soothing analogous color scheme.
         After several coats of paint, and many brush cleanses later, the mirror changed into a piece that vibes better with the rest of the living room. That is not to say that I wont ever change it again ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment