Monday, August 13, 2012

Girl's Gotta Eat

Monday of last week, Robbie got his wisdom teeth pulled out. {OUCH!}
Trying to live up to the saintly nature of my namesake, I decided to create this wellness soup for my dearest. Fortunately, this soup is not only healthy, but it is tasty! 

***************

To make this gloriously green soup, you only need a few ingredients that you may already have in your fridge and pantry. 

3-4 handfuls of dark leafy greens {baby spinach, baby chard, & baby kale}
1/2 cup chopped onions
2-3 large garlic cloves {peel & chop}
1 teaspoon salt
4-5 grinds of fresh black pepper
2 cups veggie or chicken stock 
1 tablespoon butter or earth balance 

***************
Directions:

***************

When I tasted this soup I fell in green leafy love. To make it into a meal, I put together a few simple snacks. Frozen grapes are super simple but a snappy cool treat in the summer. Avocado wedges on top of goat cheese cream cheese is a delicious topper for my favorite water crackers. 

Hope you all try this delicious soup and add some veggies into your daily meal routine. It would be an easy recipe to alter to your taste. You could easily change it up by using different veggies or by simply adding a hard cheese such a parmesan cheese. 



No comments:

Post a Comment