Monday, April 30, 2012

Tie Dye Test Day


     Today I decided to play with more old and new tie dye techniques. I will be teaching a class this Saturday at a really awesome shop in Norfolk called Kitsch. Handmade in Virginia products from soaps to pillows is what they sell. Along with goods to buy, they offer crafting classes. I am excited to teach in general and I hope this goes well. In prep for Saturday I did this dye session and I took pictures to share on the blog.  
    This first series of photos are a sample of some "tied" shirts.
Spiral
Fan Fold
I'm calling it the "Carrot"
   These next photos are of dye application. Seriously my favorite part and the most fun. 

Next post I will show case the results of today's work. To set the dye properly, a full 24 hours should be waited to undo the rubber bands. Being a results oriented crafter this is the hardest part. WAITING! God forbid I practice a little patients :-)
****Maybe next time I will wear gloves

No comments:

Post a Comment